Virtualization is the creation of a virtual (rather than actual) version of something, such as a hardware platform, operating system, storage device, or network resource.
As your business grows, your IT system may become more expensive and unable to meet all your technical service needs. For this reason, the application of virtualization in the workplace has become increasingly important for a number of reasons.
- Can help save companies money by consolidating and reallocating IT resources based on utilization and capacity.
- Increase employee productivity by providing them with a uniform interface. It also enables employees to work remotely or on the move on any device.
- Recover from IT disasters by disassociating from any site that may have been impacted.
- Can make confidential information more secure through layered security, where there is an effective control deployed to mitigate risk.
- Can make companies greener. Optimum resource usage leads to lower energy consumption and a smaller carbon footprint.